Saturday, September 06, 2008

Hurricane afterglow...

It's a dismal, dreary day outside. The rain is falling, and the sun doesn't want to come out to play. Seth is sleeping in. I love having a baby that does that occasionally on dark Saturdays...

The picnic we were supposed to go to tonight is cancelled. I was looking forward to it, but I really don't mind. Staying hunkered down in my cozy house with my little family sounds great to me. David is having to work all day, and we haven't gotten to spend a lot of time together in the evenings this week.

Last night, we went out to dinner...fast food... with coupons. I wanted to go to my favorite Mexican place, but we knew it wasn't wise. The fast food was our compromise way of starting to make ourselves turn back from regular eating out. I like eating out on Fridays, and we've been doing too much of it lately. Funny how hard it is to scale back fiscally bad habits once you let them creep in. Eating out used to be a rare treat for us... now its an entitlement. =)

Seth played in the play place by himself for the very first time! I love Chick Fil A's play places. We sat at a table right outside the door within helping distance. It was awesome. This was also the first time that he crawled all the way up to the top of the thing and slid down... all by himself. He may not be able to walk alone, but he is the baby king of the playground.

After Munchkin went to bed, David and I watched King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters. It was recommended by Sarah and Stephen, who frequently do not have the same taste in movies that we do. But they were dead on in recommending this one... it was the funniest, most fascinating documentary I have seen in quite awhile. There is another world of classic gaming boy/men out there, an alternate culture that is totally hilarious and deeply competitive. I highly recommend putting this one in your Netflix cue.

Got really ripe bananas, so I may make banana bread today. I'm planning to make cornflake oven fried chicken and potatos for dinner. Mmmmm. It feels like fall...

No comments: