Wednesday, August 06, 2008

New mommy in the making...


Her little girls will be breathing air for the first time at 10:30 a.m. EST.
I woke up this morning with an excited smile on my face. I had one of those Armageddon moments, you know, from the movie, where Bruce Willis is about to push the detonator, and snapshots from his entire life flow through his brain, backed up by dramatic music. Sarah and I as little girls, having a tea party... playing with her bunny, Cottontail... giggling in her big bed on the first floor of her house... on the phone with her as a teen as she grieved a loss... family dinner nights in her apartment at Campbell... fried green beans at a Chinese place in Greenwich Village... finding a place for me to nurse on the National Mall... driving all over Raleigh looking at skanky apartment complexes... and now here we are...
We are both mothers. One day I hope to be a little old lady with ya. We will laugh into our ice tea together at church meetings and share the best ways to get short, gray hair to pouf just right.
I love you, Diana.
Go here for the latest details...

No comments: