Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Easy Hummus...

Today for lunch, I had... fresh watermelon from my parent's garden, carrots, and pita chips with homemade hummus. Man, this hummus is good! I got the recipe from Works For Me Wednesday off Rocks in my Dryer, but I have no idea now who provided it. I'm going to have to keep better track of that in the future. Anyway, here goes... easy, cheap, healthy, and tasty!

Easy Hummus

1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 T. minced garlic, sauted for a couple of minutes
1-2 T. olive oil
juice from one lemon
oregano to taste

Mix it all together until smooth, adding more olive oil until you get it to the desired consistency. I used a stick blender to blend, but you could also use a food processor.

I had no idea hummus was so easy to make. I think its better than most that I've bought at the store.

1 comment:

Screaming Meme said...

I never thought about making home made hummus! You are good! We grilled red onions,red and green bell pepper,zucchini,tomatoes tossed in olive oil,salt,pepper last night and spread hummus on whole wheat pitas...I loved it! Screaming meme