Friday, August 22, 2008

18-month-old almost walker...

About a week ago, Seth started using this! He's soooo close to walking. These days, all he wants to do when he's awake is hold my hands and walk around. It's absolutely adorable. He's just figured out how to step without locking his knees, so he does this high stepping marching step kind of thing right now. I don't think it'll be long now. I probably worried about him walking far more than I should've, but you often only learn these things in hindsight. =)

It seems that the more mobile he gets, the less he talks. He used to say all kinds of words. Now we're down to a few standard favorites again. These include "cracker," "block," "go," "Albert," "no," "yes," and the ever popular, "shoe." The child is going to grow up to own Nike. Every day when he gets up from his nap, I sit down with him in the chair in his room to take off his blanket, and he asks for a "shoe." He'll say it over and over again. He loves holding the different kinds of shoes on his bookcase. I'm not going to be able to give them back to the person I got them from because he thinks they're toys.

Here he is actually pretending to use a real phone. This is a rare occurance. He's obsessed with phone calls right now, and everything is a phone. We have the cracker phone, the car phone, the block phone, the hairbrush phone, the pot lid phone, really, anything can be a phone.

He does a couple of really cute little sounds whenever he wants something. One sounds like "DEET, doo, doo," and the other is kind of an up and down hum. There is lots of pointing going on in our house right now. And there's also a lot of "No, " coming from his mouth, but half the time, I don't think he actually knows what it means.
He also loves cars and trucks at the moment. We started noticing this a few weeks ago. He makes vrooming noises and pushes them up and down the halls. And if I ask him to get his truck, he goes and gets it.

The other day, I was desparate to finish making a cake, and he was sitting on the kitchen floor, whining. I started singing "If you're happy and you know it." I was too busy to do the motions. Well, I looked up, and he was doing them. He was clapping his hands, patting his head, and touching his feet. I was sooo impressed. I think he's almost figured out which one is his nose. We still don't have "touch your eyes" or "touch your nose" down, but he can do ears, head, hands, and feet.

One day, I'm going to forget all these little things that he does if I don't write them down. I've already forgotten far too much.

3 comments:

Momma B. said...

Love the pics! Isn't it fun when they start figurin' stuff out!?

Anonymous said...

Girl, in these pictures, he looks more like you than ever! Jonathan confirms! :)

Anonymous said...

Hooray for Seth! You have one handsome little boy there, something I'm sure you're well aware of. :)