Friday, May 09, 2008

Tagged...

Well, I'm it. I got tagged for a listy thingy by Shannon. I think that Kelli tagged me at one point a long time ago, but I forgot and didn't respond. Sorry, Kelli. So, I'm trying to do better now. Here goes...

What I was doing 10 years ago: I was just ending up my freshman year of college and getting ready to start a summer internship for the NC Legislature. My roommate had moved out on me, citing the stress that I caused her with my somethingvagueness, and I'd broken up with a boyfriend a few months before. It was a rocky year. The best thing going on at this time in my life was getting to know David a little bit better at the Adam Smith Club end of the year banquet. He came back to my dorm and fixed a broken watch for me, and then I moved out. It set the stage for me talking to him while buying my books in the fall. Ahh, young love.

5 things on my to-do list today:
- Go to the mall and get my mom her birthday present.
- Buy Seth some velcro shoes that actually fit and don't fall off.
- Dust my house.
- Pack up to go to Mom and Dad's for the weekend.
- Get my nasty rings cleaned at the jewelry store at the mall, if they're not too busy for Mother's Day. A friend who works for a jewelry store told that they're happy to clean your rings, as long as it's not busy, and they don't have a chance at selling something to another customer. FYI. =)

3 of my bad habits:
- Drinking WAY too much Dr. Pepper. I'm up to 2 cans a day some days. This must stop.
- Being a know-it-all. If there's an opinion to be shared, I share it.
- Not having my quiet time as consistently as I should, especially in the summer, or if I have a novel I'm dying to finish...

4 places I have lived:
- North Carolina
- Virginia
- Alabama
- Maryland
- Man, it feels like way more than 4, since we've moved so much, and none of the moves were local moves. But I guess that's really it...

5 jobs I have had:
- Legislative intern. No Monica Lewinski jokes.
- Veterinary assistant. I can draw blood from a dog and flea dip him, all in less than an hour. I also had a monkey like creature who could climb walls escape from an exam room on me. He needed to be declawed... again. Freaky.
- Book store clerk at the UVA Law School book store. It was great! Everybody knew my name, and I had plenty of regulars. I got invited to more parties than David did (not that I went =). And I got to eat lunch with him every day.
- Science educator for the Capital Children's Museum in DC. I mixed potions, did chemistry experiments with kids, and did shows where I blew things up, froze things, made things change colors, etc. It was great; I loved that job.
- Preschool teacher in Alabama and Virginia. I had a toddler class of 10, and I had them all sitting at tables to eat their lunch, in little chairs, not strapped in, together, for 15 minutes, by the time most of them were 16-18 months. This is my biggest accomplishment in life.

Hmm, I don't think I'll tag anybody. I think most people that I would've wanted to know more about have already done this. I'm behind the ball here. Thanks, Shannon!

No comments: