Sunday, May 04, 2008

It's been a good day...

-I woke up this morning, groped around in my closet, and came up with... the expensive J. Crew chinos that I thought I'd given away in a fit of postpartum rage before we moved here! =)

- I put them on, and they fit! Tighter than pre pregnancy, but not uncomfortably. What a mood booster! It's taken me 15 months to get back in those puppies, but it happened. I'm apparently one of those gals who takes just as a long to lose the baby weight and shape as she does to carry the baby, and even longer. It's a very slow process...

- We kept one of the baby nurseries this morning at the 11:00 hour because there were several teachers out. Maybe this doesn't seem like much to you, but I really like to be known as someone who will step in and help out the team. I think it means that we are becoming a part of our new church family because they called us at the spur of the moment to help set the table and do the dishes, so to speak. =) I don't want to be a guest anymore. Strolling the halls with a fussy one and smiling at the other workers just put me in a family mood. Heck, I'll keep going, the last few days have been great, too. Here's the evidence...

- I went to a baby shower last night for a couple of gals in my Sunday School class. I had a fun friend from playgroup to pal around with, even though I struggled to remember the names of some of these women. I went babyless and got to stay out past Seth's bedtime!

- Friday afternoon, David was home sick, and I got to run errands while Seth napped. I hit 4 stores in 3 hours. I was a shopping machine. It was wonderful. I guess it's a tad bit pathetic that that bit of babyless free time can make me so deliriously happy, but there it is. Seth just isn't much of a "slow down and window shop" kind of baby these days.

- Oooh, and last, but certainly not least... I have a Dr. Pepper chilling in a bowl of ice, water, and salt. Mmmm, mmm. It's going to be so sweet and icy when I get it out. Which should be about... now. =)

No comments: