Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Teeth...

We interrupt this regularly scheduled life to bring you... teething.... like this mom has never seen it before. I took Seth to a playdate yesterday, and he was in a horrible mood pretty much the whole time. I knew he was teething, and I knew it was because of that. What I didn't know was that he has 4, count 'em, 4 top teeth coming in at the same time. Ouch. Double, triple ouch. The sweet gal who had all of us and our younguns over to destroy her new carpet offered me some Orajel, and as we were trying to swear it on his gums, we discovered how big the teething problem truly was.

This morning at MOPs was not a lot of fun. I kept Seth with me, and he did really well playing on the floor and eating the large slice of homemade bread that I kept feeding him out desperation. But when it was time for the craft, he started losing it. I had to leave that early, too. Everyone was staring at me when he started to wail. I swear, I gave him baby Motrin and teething tablets before we even left the house. And he was doing pretty well before we left for MOPs. Sigh. This has been really tough on him. Prayers are appreciated. He didn't even flinch when he got the bottom two. I guess the sheer number of the top teeth pushed him over the edge. I think I'll be doing the grocery shopping by myself tonight after dinner.

And in other news... I don't think I mentioned the big present that my parents got me for my birthday.

Drum roll.... its.... Photoshop CS2!!!

And it's been sitting next to my computer in all its shrink-wrapped glory since February 21. Why? Why? Because I'm afraid to open it.

I debated and debated about whether I should ask for this older version of the big dog photo editing program. I thought about asking for Photoshop Elements instead. But I reasoned, well, this does so much more, and it's a present I don't have to pay for. Maybe I could learn it well and get really good and edit photos of my friend's kids for them. So I have the big dog. And I'm afraid of it.

I keep reading about how powerful and complex and confusing it is. And I think about how I know so much less about most technology than my friends. I can't even figure out how to program my cell phone. What possessed me to think I could learn Photoshop?

I've gotten 5 books on Photoshop from the local library. They've been sitting behind the living room chair for a week. Sigh.

Anybody else out there ever had something that they were afraid to get started on for fear they would fail miserably? Anybody successfully learned Photoshop who felt like the biggest techie dumb bunny on the planet? How'd that work out for ya?

I'll let you know what happens eventually. I'm feeling kinda worn out from my angry, cranky, baby and the time change, so I won't mess with it today. But it's on my Netvibes to-do list, so I know I'll break through and try sometime soon. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Poor Seth, you know I feel for you, having been there myself. Hang in there, it will be over soon! Sorry about Mops, but at least you got to go for a little bit today! : )