Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Making necklaces longer...

This is my first time participating in Works for Me Wednesday, but I thought I'd give it a shot! =)

I actually dressed up for Easter Sunday this year, and I decided to wear a matching necklace and bracelet combo that I've had for years. I couldn't remember why I never wore it.. until I put on the necklace. It was practically a choker. I have a lot of necklaces like this, it seems. They're just not quite long enough. What to do?

I noticed that I had a bracelet in my jewelry box that looked similar to the necklace. It was also silver and was pretty plain. I decided to attach the bracelet to the necklace to give it some extra length. It worked like a charm! I figure I could also use wire cutters or needle nose pliars to cut up a length of an old necklace I don't wear anymore, and I could use it in the same way.

Well, that's it! It works for me!

2 comments:

Heidi Thompson said...

That is a really good idea! Thanks for posting it.

Unknown said...

Great idea!

Welcome participating!

Your blog looks very nice.

You can find my tip at:

Laane on the World

Have a great week and an amazing spring!!!