Monday, March 03, 2008

From the house of sickness...

It's a bright, warm sunny morning in beautiful North Carolina. This family survived the weekend. David started getting better late on Friday, thank the Lord, and I started going down with it on Saturday night. Yesterday was no fun for me, since I just generally felt nauseous and tired all day. But I think things are getting better today on my end. I was hungry for cereal and milk, and I'm not nauseous currently.

I don't quite know what to think about Seth, though. He threw up for the first time on Wednesday night. Though it's been a couple of days since he last threw up, his stomach is still having a tough time. He hasn't been eating that well, and he's had some diarrhea. This morning it was clear that he was hungry, and he started eating his oatmeal, but after a few bites, he gagged, refused any more, and started crying. It was pitiful. He ate a handful or two of Cheerios off his tray after that, but he's been really sad this morning, and I put him down for a nap early. Does baby sickness usually last this long? I guess I would've thought he would be showing more improvement by now. He is drinking plenty of fluids, Pedialyte and milk, and he's keeping those down fine. How long do you wait before you call the doctor about upset stomach and diarrhea? Can they do anything about that anyway?

In other news, I didn't get a chance to tell y'all about the women's mentoring meeting I attended on Thursday night... That's coming up in a future post. Stay tuned!

No comments: