Thursday, February 14, 2008

Sick...

I'm sick. It started with the dreaded dry throat yuck that you wake up with, then progressed to all day drainage, and it appears to finally be culminating today in full blown cold. I don't want to wear anything but pajama pants, a sweatshirt, bedroom slippers, and a sour expression. I'm hoping the Sudafed kicks in soon, and I spent exactly 2 seconds thinking about making homemade rolls to go with the beef stew for dinner. After 2 seconds, I listened to my groggy head and my body aches, and they told me that I was crazy. Happy Valentine's Day, honey.

But Seth and I did take David some goodies to work today. We ate lunch with him after Bible study, and he got some of his favorite chips (Utz Sour Cream and Onion) and a candy bar with lunch. I also packed him a Cherry Coke on ice to make it extra cold (it's the little things, right?) David and I are uber competitive, so even with the cold, I had to rally and come up with a gesture to make for him on Valentine's Day. I couldn't let him outdo me by getting up at 5:30 a.m. to go Walmart and get me roses. I am Woman; hear me sniffle. =) But now I'm back home, and Seth is asleep, and I'm crashing. I hope you have a great Valentine's with the love of your life. And I hope you're not spending it cozying up to a tissue box.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

unfortunately, Nathan and I are both right there with you. Not with the tissues, but with yucky coughs and fevers. I don't have a fever so far, but Nathan's is up to 103! It's what the kids have had and it makes you SOOO miserable! yep, great V. Day!! : )