Saturday, November 03, 2007

First haircut...

My sweet little boy got his first haircut today! Now, I know that many of the 9 month-old's out there don't need haircuts yet, but my little man was working on a mullet. And it wasn't the fish variety. Really, he just needed a little bit taken off around the ears and definitely at the back. So we made an appointment at the local kid's cuts place. They have the cutesy cars to sit in, and your baby can watch Baby Einstein while they cut his hair. Seth was squealing at the screen. Guess I don't let him watch enough tv... He was very good, though, except when she used the clippers on the nape of his neck (see picture below). He looked a little worried then, but still, no crying. I'm sure it won't be this easy when he's two...

My baby got his hair cut, but I got scalped. $16.50 for a 5 minute haircut where she cut off about 16 hairs! This is craziness! I tried to get them to give me the $7 bang price, but they wouldn't budge. I was afraid to do it myself, since it was his first haircut, but I think I see a local community college class in Haircutting 101 in my future. Anybody have any tips to avoid overpriced baby barbering?

It's a beautiful Saturday morning here. David's out mowing the lawn. I love the sweet suburban sound of a lawnmower on a weekend. There's nothing like it, in my opinion. Maybe if you live where a goat is your lawn mower, you get nostalgic about him munching away out there. I don't know, but I guess power tools sing a sweet song to many 21st century Americans.

David and I found a shortcut trail that goes through the side of somebody's yard near us. It takes you by a beautiful wooded creek on the way down to the regular trail. We took a short hike in the hour we had left after feeding Seth and eating our lunch before it was time for another nap for him. I'm just thankful we have a trail so close to us or we wouldn't go walking much because of all this napping. Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful he naps so well, but it's tough to get out for long. Having things in close proximity to you can be key. =) Happy Saturday, everybody!

2 comments:

kristin said...

That first picture is so adorable! The expression on his face is precious.

Paula said...

Hey, reminds me of Sam's first haircut...remember the boat? They seemed cheaper than what you paid. I had her first haircut there and I don't think it was that much either. Maybe it is because of the wheels he's sitting in. :) Maybe they just charge more where you live. Cute pics...he is getting so big!